Monday, May 6, 2019

Week 9


This week I read Silver Surfer Parable 1988 Part 1. It was an obvious choice out of the list for me, as I love the superhero genre and grew up watching comic movies like Spiderman, Superman, and the Fantastic Four. It was actually the film Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer released in 2007 that introduced me to the character Silver Surfer, who to this day, is one of the coolest and unique characters to me out of the hundreds of heroes that have been created. There was something about the visual design of him and simple silhouette combined with the metallic material which really aligned with his character and abilities that stood out to me.
As for the comic itself, I obviously enjoyed it. It is a much older comic, so the artwork and resolution was much different than the style I was used to, but it didn’t lessen the experience for me like I expected. This was the first Marvel comic I started and finished. As a DC guy, I’m constantly reading into their property and comics, but I really love both companies work and having grown up watching lots of Marvel films, reading this comic allowed me to see the source and inspiration for those films.

No comments:

Post a Comment